Decimus Fearon LLP is in the process of appointing a new Construction Team to join the practice and extend the property-focussed services we provide. Decimus Fearon LLP came out of the former niche property and construction practice Winward Fearon and we are delighted that this tradition of offering a bespoke integrated property and construction law service is being renewed.
The Construction Team will be offering, with effect from November 2015, the following services:
- Advice on the procurement and drafting of building and engineering contracts (including amendments to industry standard forms such as the JCT, NEC, FIDIC and CIOB suites), appointments, warranties, bonds and guaranties
- Advice on the management and administration of building and engineering contracts
- Construction Dispute Resolution in all the relevant forums, including mediation, adjudication, arbitration and litigation, in respect of disputes involving:
- variations and claims for additional costs and fees
- interim valuations and final accounts
- defects and defects rectification
- delay, extensions of time and liquidated damages
- loss and/or expense
- architect's, engineer's, quantity surveyor's and other construction professionals' negligence
- and disputes concerning the construction aspects of development management agreements, agreements for lease and forward purchase agreements
If you have any construction legal requirements please contact Laura on 020 7823 0450 in the first instance.